Hope everyone is doing well this week! The dev team is continuing to move forward. They have been pushing a variety of updates across conductor tests, blockchain, smart contracts, and blobbers. Major optimization has been made on the blockchain side, resulting in improved speeds of smart contract performance for storage allocation. On the tokenomics side, the paper has been completed. It is currently being reviewed for approval by co-founders Saswata and Tom. Upon approval, we will release the article in conjunction with an explainer article to highlight some of the changes.
Development Team Updates
Over the course of the past week, we have closed around 30 issues across Züs, blobber, gosdk, zboz, and zwallet repos. Many of the issues closed were in correlation to the conductor tests. Those are really important to give the confidence to ensure protocol is working as expected. Let’s take a look at some of the blockchain and smart contract updates over the past week:
- While the team continues to progress on the conductor tests, they continually are working on the implementation of the transaction nonce feature. Recent progress on this has been made with additional work ongoing this week to fix a few remaining system test errors. Upon successfully completing the system tests, the PR will be merged as it is nearing completion.
- We have successfully merged the msgp PR to replace json, which means that we will use msgp as the serialization package for MPT data. As a result, significantly improved all MPT-related actions.
- We updated our benchmark test code in order to merge msgp code which is currently going through code review by the team
- A fix was pushed for the race condition in the read markers in the following PR.
- Major work was performed on the fix linter errors PR, which is undergoing internal review at this time. Most of the code updates were for fixing linter errors. This ensures that our code is readable, maintainable, and follows good practice. Therefore making it so that as we progress forward, so we may track errors more easily and implement fixes.
- We are still currently progressing through the challenge generation PR and block blobber reward PR, which we anticipate sharing more info in the coming weeks.
On the blobber team side, additional progress has been made to address a few bugs. We were able to successfully identify and fix a bug on the download handler that caused an issue on the block explorer. We fixed a potential memory leak issue on postgres connection as well as panicking issues/missing stats bug. While these areas have been addressed, continued work is ongoing on enhancing db automigraton as well as adding available feature in the handler and updating SQL for the marketplaces.
Züs is a high-performance storage platform that powers limitless applications. It’s a new way to earn passive income from storage.